Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Second January Crochet-along Square

This is the second January Crochet-along block I made. It's supposed to be two colors, but I don't like the white I bought to go with it (the white looks too "clean") so I just made the whole thing in one color.

And, by the way, I LOVE this blue! I saw a purple and green color combo on the cover of a book, and I think I'd like to put a green like that with this blue. I'll go shopping, and hit Joann's while I have a 50% off coupon to use.

Anyway, the center part of my first square was 10" so I went up to a "J" hook this time. Oddly, despite going up two hook sizes and make a conscious effort to loosen up, the center part was only 10" again! Go figure! I had to add another round of double crochet to the borders to get it to come out to 12".

No comments: