Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Poetic Artistry Sketches

Yesterday, I found a set of card sketches by Poetic Artistry called "Mojo Monday" sketches. I played around with them some yesterday. I'm really impressed with the cards people make from sketches, but I'm just not that good at it. My results end up looking cluttered and/or cram-packed on the card.


This first card is almost exactly like the sketch. I think (in the sketch) the little square is more in the center on the right side of the bigger square, but I felt it took up too much space there so I moved it up. Except for the card base and ribbon, this is all scrap materials. I embossed the numbers with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, and I laser-cut the "Make a Wish" and scallop.



The first card in the photo below is also from one of the sketches. I used my new K&Company patterned paper, an Offray brown polka-dot ribbon and more recycled cardboard. The bird stamp is K&Company and the "Hello" stamp is Studio G.


The second card is my own design (though with all the sketches floating around out there, I'm POSITIVE there's one that looks like this, and someone will be PO'd that I stole their idea when I certainly didn't!). Again, this is a K&Company stamp and patterned paper. I love using recycled cardboard now!



I will probably use all three of these cards for the De-Stash Swap I signed up for on Craftster.org.

No comments: