Monday, January 26, 2009

New Crochet Books

I am definitely sick in the head. My other two books (Positively Crochet! and Crochet Bouquet) haven't even arrived from Overstock.com, and I've already ordered three more from Amazon! This time I ordered Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet, Crochet Inspiration and Beyond the Square: Crochet Motifs. (See! I told you I'm currently OBSESSED with crochet!).

The Amigurumi book got 5 stars. It's a bunch of crochet toys you can make with scrap/left-over yarn. Funny thing is: I don't have children to crochet toys for, and I don't have a stash of left-over yarn (yet) so I'll have to go buy it to make any of these toys! However, I convinced myself that I HAVE to have this book! The toys are soooo cute! One is a hedgehog that I can't wait to try out. I'm so new to crochet, I hope I can read the patterns and be successful at them. Maybe my grandmother would like some cute little crochet toys?



The other two books got 4-1/2 stars each. Again, I hope I can read the patterns well enough to be successful. One of the reasons I bought the Beyond the Square book is because it's spiral-bound, and I LOVE spiral binding on books for some reason! Besides, it got some rave reviews on Amazon.com. Crochet Inspiration also got rave reviews.

2 comments:

knitandcrochet said...

Congratulations on your current crochet obsession. Hope you enjoy Beyond the Square! If you run into trouble, you can always email me. :-)

knitandcrochet said...

Oops-forgot to sign my post.
Edie Eckman