Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Crochet Obsessed

Okay... I do this about EVERYTHING! Once I decide to do something, then I go out and spend alot of money on it. Some stuff (like quilting) sticks and other stuff doesn't (like I don't know what because it didn't stick).


I read in the Happy Hooker book (by Debbie Stoller) that there are sharper-style crochet hooks that are easier to crochet with because they slip through the stitches easier than blunt hooks. So, I took a good look at my hooks, and they're ALL the blunt-style. Hmmm... gotta do something about that.


And, I want some wooden crochet hooks, too. Hmmmm... gotta do something about that, too.

So, yesterday I searched for "wood crochet hooks" on Google, and came up with a TON of choices. There are some wooden hooks out there that are almost $30 each (but they look so cool, I may have to buy one!). So what did I buy (like I NEED them)? A set of 12 bamboo crochet hooks from eKnittingNeedles.com. They range in size from 3mm to 10mm. The hooks are $4 or $5 each so they would have been around $50 if I'd bought them individually. However, the set was $29.99 with free shipping (I just LOVE free shipping!).


Anyway, it's hard to tell in the picture if they're the sharp kind or the blunt kind. I have my fingers crossed that they're sharp. Here's what one of them looks like, and then the whole set beneath it:


The only bad thing (I think) about them is that the size is printed on them, but not the alphabet letter. Alot of patterns just say "I" hook, and not "size 9" (or whatever the right size is for that letter). I guess I just need to learn the sizes.


Also, I'm going to have to make another crochet roll for these hooks! That'll be fun!

No comments: