Monday, January 5, 2009

January Depression Held at Bay...

Now's the time I usually get depressed; the holidays are over and a couple more months of bleak, winter weather leaves me feeling dark and blue. Ugh. HOWEVER... (mind you, this may sound really silly, but...). This year, I'm really excited about all the crafting opportunities listed on Craftster.org, and I hope having something crafty to focus on will keep me from being depressed.

So far, I've gotten involved in the De-stash-along, the Crochet-along and the 2009 Handmade Holiday Crusade-along. I've also joined a De-stash swap, and I'm waiting on the STU ATC swap to be posted. PLUS, I have the SewConnected quilt block swap (January fabrics should arrive today). (The craft-alongs are no obligation; the swaps are obligations to a partner).

I've already started posting card projects in the De-stash-along, and I finished my January block for the Crochet-along.

The 2009 Handmade Holiday Crusade-along is fun; the organizer is posting monthly themes, and then you post your finished projects. She puts everyone's name in a hat and draws a winner each month. This month's theme is ornaments (and I LOVE ornaments so this oughta be fun).

No comments: