Monday, December 8, 2008

SewConnected Quilt Blocks











Here are my newest "Eclectic" blocks! The first one was inspired by the block that Jacquie G. from Tall Grass Prairie made for me. I really like that it's a rectangle within a square. I think that's unusual.

Second is a scrap block made from all the scraps people are returning to me.

Third is a block from the Japanese Quilt Blocks book that I have. I can't remember the name of the block, and the book is upstairs.

Fourth is a 45° angle block that I cut with my rotary cutter (rather than on the laser). It turned out nicely!

And finally, my favorite! It's a crazy nine-patch that I made with templates. I cut up a square out of paper then added 1/4" around all four sides (I got to use my new rotating mat, and I LOVE it!). I really like the little 1/4" brown border. It was only supposed to have the Kona bone as the outer border, but I miscalculated and ended up with an 11-1/2" block. I like the Surf and Sand border so it doesn't matter that I messed up a little! Anyway, another reason I like this block so much is because these are all 9 fabrics that are in the quilt.




No comments: