Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The De-Stash-a-long...

So, people on the de-stash-a-long want to have monthly THEMES. For example, they want to do a color. Which is ridiculous because there's a Color-a-long already so why don't they join that instead?

Anyway, at first, I thought "UGH! That will actually PREVENT me from using up my stash because it's too restrictive." I even posted that I'm not so big on the theme focus and that I will probably do my own thing and post pictures as I de-stash.

However, this morning, I came up with a brilliant idea: if we're going to do themes, then why not do multiple themes each month: colors, textures, seasons, holidays, textures, trends, techniques, etc. That way it gives people plenty of opportunity to be creative, but not for just a single idea. I came up with a list:

January: winter, blue, argyle, owls/birds (which is trendy right now), crochet, etc.
February: Valentine's Day, quotes, red, winter (again), flowers, knitting, etc.
March: St. Patrick's Day, green, quilting
April: rain, birthdays, pink, stamping
May: Mother's Day, girls, spring, purple, sewing
June: Father's Day, boys, sports, ATCs, technique?, color?
July: summer, vacation, 4th of July, yellow, technique?
August: ocean/sea, Grandparent's Day (I think that's in August), green, technique?
September: Labor Day, back to school, totes/bags, color?
October: Halloween, fall, orange and black, other stuff?
November: Thanksgiving, leaves, brown, other stuff?
December: Holidays, snowflakes, color?, other stuff?

I left off beading and painting as techniques to do, and pets and weddings as other themes. No responses so far so I wonder what everybody will think? I let them know it won't hurt my feelings if they think all this is stupid, but I really think it's a good idea. The person who started the thread, "psyche," hasn't responded in a couple of days. I wonder what he/she thinks about themes?

No comments: