Saturday, December 27, 2008

Card Parts and New Year's Cards

I've been busily piddling around in the garage shop. Rather than full cards, I've been making card parts that I hope to use on cards at a later date (or maybe I should sell them on Etsy: http://www.thelaserbeam.etsy.com/).


Here's what I've come up with so far (there are a couple of others that didn't fit in the picture):



I also worked on some New Year's cards. There were a couple of people who sent me Christmas cards whom I didn't sent a card (and they sent them too late for me to return a card). So, I made New Year's cards that I could send. I worked really hard on a silver glitter card, but I just wasn't very happy with how it turned out so I made a different card out of yellow and red that I laser-cut "Happy New Year" and "2009." I'm much happier with the second card.



Here's my silver glitter 2009:


And here's the red and yellow card: I like that the stars overhang the edges of the card. I popped dotted them off the card, too, to make them stand out.

No comments: