Monday, September 29, 2008

Jack's Quilt

Whooppeee! I'm just flying through Jack's Quilt. I should feel guilty that I'm making him such an easy pattern, but I really don't because it still looks nice and will be pretty when it's quilted. It's made from the Marcus Brothers and Wyndham fabrics I bought at Back Yard Fabrics in Farmington, KY for $4/yard.

Also, I called Back Yard Fabrics on Saturday and asked the owner to mail me 9 yards of the red Chanteclaire stripe that looks like eyelashes or centipedes or spiders. I want to use that for the backing and for $36 plus shipping, that can't be beat!

And... I don't know how much Warm and Natural batting is anywhere else, but I found it in both queen- and king-size on Overstock.com for $23.99 (queen) and $32.99 (king). I wonder if that's a good deal? I plan on long-arm quilting this quilt by myself, and I have to provide my own batting or buy it from the quilt store, and I just wonder which is cheaper?

No comments: