Thursday, September 18, 2008

New ShopKo Cookware


There's a place called "ShopKo" here that I've never been inside. Being from the east coast, I'd never even heard of it.

The other day, I read their sales flyer as I was eating lunch, and they had a set of hard annodized non-stick cookware for $109 (regularly $219). We need some new non-stick pots and pans so I thought I'd go check it out. I walked out the door with the $149 set instead (it has an extra 4qt pan with a steamer and lid).
I'm pretty sure hubby will like the weight of it (that was his only concern--that they would feel cheap), but I'm not going to bother washing them until he gets home tonight and checks them out. If he hates them, I'll take them back (though I'm sure he'll be as impressed as I am).

We have one Calphanon pot that I bought him for Christmas. It doesn't feel any different than the ShopKo pots and pans. Then, we have the old T-Fal set I bought right after college, and we have a set of stainless steel pots and pans my parents gave us as a house warming gift. The problem with those is that everything sticks to them so we hardly ever use them.
That's the other thing: he WILL NOT get rid of the old green T-Fal. We have worn out that set completely, but he LOVES it and won't think about getting rid of it. He says the new T-Fal feels cheap! If he likes this new ShopKo set, maybe I should go buy another set and donate the old T-Fal to GoodWill next week while he's at work!
I don't know why this post is eating my paragraphs, but it is! That stinks! I can't fix it.

No comments: