Friday, September 12, 2008

Fabric Shopping!

I'm at home visiting my parents for the week. They live about 45 minutes from Paducah, KY--home of Hancock's of Paducah which is a huge fabric warehouse with just about every fabric imaginable (very overwhelming).

So... we went there yesterday in pursuit of fabric for the SewConnected block swap I'm in. And, we found some really wild, but pretty fabrics for me to use. Most of it was from the remnant table. It's a mix of Joel Dewberry, Amy Butler, Kaffe Fasset, Moda, some Kona cotton and a couple of others I can't remember the names of. The colors are pink, orange, brown, yellow and green--like I said: really wild!

We also hit Eleanor Burn's shop: "Quilt in a Day". She had TONS of $4 bolts of fabric. And, we hit another local store called Backyard Fabrics that has TONS of $4 bolts of fabric. I would love to have gotten $4 fabric, but it was all very traditional prints, and not the look (for this swap) that I was going for. I want to know, though, why the quilt stores at home carry the very same fabric and sell it for $9.50/yard?

I did find some red and black fabric at Backyard Fabrics that I could use on a different quilt. I didn't buy it, but now I wonder if I should go back to get it. I won't be able to buy it for $4/yard at home, that's for sure!

I'll post pictures of my new fabrics when I get home next week.

No comments: