Thursday, September 18, 2008

Long lost friend!!!

My dear, dear friend from college, Nicole, found me on FaceBook! I vaguely remember signing up for a FaceBook account so I could spy on my nieces and little sister, but it's been probably two years since I logged on. It's funny because I've gotten a couple of e-mails that people have invited me to be their FaceBook friends, and I just deleted the e-mails because I didn't remember having a FaceBook account!

So, anyway, back to Nicole. I haven't heard from her in 7 or 8 years, and she was my very bestest friend in college! We found each other when our other best friend, Deonna, had her first baby, but somehow I managed to lose touch--with BOTH of them.

I finally found Deonna last year through her little sister's MySpace page (which I also signed up for to spy on my nieces and little sister!). I spoke with Deonna numerous times, but now when I call, her phone just rings and rings and rings and nobody answers so I gave up calling her anymore. It gets old being the one making all the effort. Which makes me feel horribly guilty. Maybe I should try to call her this afternoon. Or, I could track her down at her work and tell her to PLEASE answer the ding-dang phone!

So, anyway, back to Nicole. I am SOOOOOOO excited to hear from her! Her FaceBook profile says Lexington, KY, but I wonder if that's real or if she's protecting her identity? She was in Michigan last I heard. Our next move (we hope) will be to Lexington. That would be wonderful if we both ended up there at the same time!

I hope she can e-mail me a nice long book and let me know what she's doing. She said her only "me time" is at midnight so she hasn't been able to write anything substantial yet. I can't wait to hear all about her!

No comments: