Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tools of the Trade: What I Can't Live Without

My favorite rulers are the Easy Rules show above. Sometimes the 24" ruler I have is just too large and cumbersome so I switch to the Easy Rule by Sharon Hultgren (which is 6-1/2 x 13-1/2"). When even that one is too large, I go down to the Easy Rule, Jr (which is 3-1/2" x 9-1/2").

Also shown above are my 5" Gingher scissors. I use these for trimming dog ears. I love the size.

The 28mm rotary cutter is my new cutter of choice. I get more leverage over it than the 45mm one.

Not pictured is my seam ripper. I use it instead of scissors to break the threads between chain piecing. It's just faster than using scissors.

And, finally, I love my Rowenta iron. It gets soooooo hot, though, I have to pay attention not to scorch my fabrics!

No comments: