Thursday, July 9, 2009

Quack, Quack, Quack!!!

Four little ducks went out one day,
Over the hill and far away.
Mother Duck said,"Quack, quack, quack, quack!"
But just three little ducks came quacking back!

AND THEY'RE IN MY BACK YARD!


Please explain to me how things that are completly bizarre always happen to me!

So... Mylo starts madly pawing at the door which makes all of the other dogs go running to see what he's worked up about, and then they start freaking out so I knew something was in the back yard. And what do I spot? Three little baby ducks racing it back and forth along the fence. No momma duck anywhere to be seen.

So... I found a big box in the garage and went and scooped them up. Of course they were terrified and were peeping as loud as they could. I couldn't leave them in the yard because the dogs would rip them to shreds and I couldn't just put them out the gate and leave them to fate, could I?

So... they're in the garage. I called Brian. He said feed them some bread. I called mom. She said feed them some oats. However, I looked up "how to feed a baby duck" online, and it said DO NOT feed baby ducks bread, whole grains, onions or bird seed. Instead, I can feed them fruits or vegetables that are cut up really, really small. I mushed up a cherry and shredded a baby carrot and tried to pinch up a lettuce leaf really small, but it's not that easy.

I called the local Fish and Wildlife guy, but he hasn't called me back. He'd better call soon because I don't want these silly things!!!

No comments: