Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I'm FAMOUS! Baby Bib for June/July 2009 "Simply Handmade"

OH, WOW!!! I am so excited that the June/July issue of "Simply Handmade" came out last month. A baby bib that I designed and sewed was chosen for publication in that issue. I had to wait six (long) months to finally see it in print!

I wasn't allowed to post any pictures of it in my blog until after it was in print. Well (drum roll please!)... here it is!!!


They dedicated five pages to it: two feature pages, two pages with step-by-step directions on how to make the bib and one page with the template. That is WAAAAAYYYY cool!

The whole process was really kind of neat. I checked out their "call for submissions" website then e-mailed them a picture of the bib. The deadline came and went, and I never heard from them so I ALMOST pitched the thing in the trash. Really and truly... I don't know what stopped me from doing so.

Anyway, one day in January, I got an e-mail from Paige Evans at Northridge Media saying my bib had been selected for publication!!! I had to fill out a questionnaire with the types of products I used for the project. I also had to include all the details for how to make the bib. Then I packed it up and sent it in.

And then I waited... and waited... and waited... and six months later, I am tickled to death to find that the bib actually fits a baby (I wasn't sure since I don't have kids).

Check out my next post for even more really, really cool news about bibs!

No comments: