Monday, June 13, 2011

Book Reviews for Bethany House Publishing

I asked to be a part of the Bethany House Publishing Blog Reviewers Program.  They e-mail the titles of books they’d like bloggers to review.  After reading I’m to give an honest opinion of the book, and post my review on my blog and on another reviewer source (i.e. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.).

These are the books I’ve requested to review:

Promises to Keep by Ann Tatlock
Girl in the Gatehouse by Julie Klassen
The Whole Bible Story by William H. Marty
The Sweetest Thing by Elizabeth Musser

I’m quite a bit late in posting my review of these books for a couple of reasons. 

The first is totally lame:  I’ve been enjoying the warm weather and simply haven’t taken the time to write the reviews.

The second:  I’m not sure I know how to write an review! 

One hundred copies of each book were released through this blogger review program.  I checked out what other Bethany House blogger readers were writing (it’s easy to tell because each review has to provide a statement something to the effect of “Bethany House Publishing provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for a review with my honest opinion of it (good or bad).”

At least 99 reviews are out there, and most of them regurgitate the synopsis on the cover of the book (often in the same words)!  That’s more of a book report, and doesn’t necessarily give potential readers an opinion of the book—right???

Anyway…  my reviews are above.

No comments: