Friday, June 12, 2009

Art Quilt Teaser and Z ATC update

Now that the tube project is finished, I can work on RyverChyld's art quilt and my Z ATC. I have to get the ATCs in the mail by Monday. This is the first time I haven't sent early on the ATC swap. I have my Y finished, but I'm not happy with my Z.

The art quilt is coming along slowly. The background is completely finished (and it looks really good), and I started on the appliqué pieces. I'm mostly worried about how to quilt it--like should I quilt it first and then sew on the appliqué pieces? Or should I sew on the appliqué first and then quilt around it? I want the back to look nice so I don't know which will look best. I also want to sew on some doo-dads, and I don't know when I should sew those on--before or after the quilting. I really don't want any knots to show on the back, but I don't know what it's going to look like on the back if I quilt around them. I'll just have to ponder this a little more. I'll figure it out.

No comments: