Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pattern of Wounds by J. Mark Bertrand (a Bethany House Publishing Blogger Review)

 

**Bethany House Publishers provided me a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for posting a review with my honest (positive or negative) opinion of it.**

I hadn’t heard of J. Mark Bertrand and Roland March until receiving Pattern of Wounds for review. Thus, I haven’t read the first in this series.  There was a lot of underlying tension and agitation written into the March character, that I couldn’t understand the basis for, and perhaps had I read the first book in this series I would have understood.

I love a who-done-it, and was actually a little disappointed because I figured out who-done-it as soon as the do-er crossed the page (but than I got the satisfaction of “told ya so” at the end).

I know some people won’t look twice at this book just because it’s “Christian” fiction.  However, the Christian twist of the plot isn’t overbearing or preachy, and Roland March has some pretty good arguments against an all-loving God (the muscle-builder next door scenario, for example).

This was a good book, and I’m happy to recommend it to Christians and non-Christians alike, who like a good mystery mix of a serial killer, a couple of bloody mutilated bodies, and a partridge in a pear tree.

No comments: